Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Too much of a good thing!!...

So, we have a neighbor that has ditch shares and doesn't use them, so he offered them to us. Jason put in this 6" pipe to water our lawn and garden and it is very efficient at getting it all done quickly. We had just the front west side of our house left to water, so Jason put all available hoses there to water thoroughly. We sort of forgot to let the water go last night before bed and we got an angry call this morning at 5! We were told that "she" was getting flooded out and that we were supposed to go "take care of our water"! I went out in my jam's and lifted the board and she was immediately screaming at me. She said that she was going to plant her patch of dirt today, and now she will have to wait until it dries out??!! That patch has been absolutely flooded for the past month, I don't know what an extra day will hurt!! I told her sorry and I hoped it would all work out, and the last thing that I heard as I slammed the door was that it was going to be "an awful lot of extra work for her"!!! What work? Water on mud dries, and doesn't it need to be wet non-stop until the seeds germinate anyway? I think that she looks for things to complain about! Her life wouldn't be complete if she didn't have something that made her unhappy!
Anyway, I will be spending the day inside, avoiding her until she calms down, and then I will go throughout the rest of her days pretending that nothing is wrong. Good thing she has a short attention span. She forgets quickly!

4 comments:

Karen said...

chin up girl! She will be your neighbor reguardless, just a little bit more soggy is all! Love you!

Ashley said...

I've left the water on a couple times myself. It happens. Hope you have/had a good weekend.. away from the neighbors at least.

Ashley said...

Gina,
We are at the farm knee deep in mud. You should come down. My kids are standing on my kitchen table infront of the window. I tried to correctly expose the kids and this overexposed the window.

Karen said...

Excited for next week!