Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Holy Crap!!!!

Sorry if I offended anyone with this title, but those were the exact words that I used today when I looked up from Mckay's magnetic Book of Mormon and saw my Husband of nearly 15 years sitting up on the stand waiting patiently to bear his testimony. When I looked up at him, it took me a minute to even realize that it was him, and when I looked over to my right and realized that he was no longer sitting beside me, I rather loudly said, "holy crap!"
Loud enough, in fact, that the people two rows in front of me glanced back to see if all was well.
The only other time that he has ever been on the stand was when he and I had a talk to give in the college married ward, so you can probably imagine my surprise....and my tears!! I instantly grabbed a tissue because I had uncontrollable tears rolling down my face!!
He started by saying that he would be o.k. as long as he didn't look at me, and then he did, and got a little teary-eyed.
I am so proud of him and the decisions that he has made to better himself and his family! He not only talked the talk, but today he chose to walk the walk! I am so grateful for the love that he has for us and for the scouts that truly look up to him. Way to go stud!!! I love you!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, cool! Way to go Jason... and, I love the photo, it is so neat! You handsome man you, my mom thinks you are the best looking guy, except maybe, Doug, he ranks up there with you too! You have a great family Gina and I'm glad I got to have the boys for a little while! Love you!

Ashley said...

All I can think is how scared he had that boy this weekend... and not 45 minutes prior was Shianne telling him how scary/ intimidating he looks. Love ya Jase