Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Friday, June 26, 2009

bathroom remodel

I decided to finally fix up our upstairs bathroom after 15 years of it being out of order. Our kids are getting way too old to pee outside when the only bathroom is occupied. It's pretty cool, because when I ripped up the 2x4's you could see big log beams supporting the upper level. It's amazing what you can find in a house that's 109 years old.
Anyway, it's going to be quite a challenge to get it in working order. Jason thought that the water lines would run through the bathroom, and instead it runs down the walls, so we might just have to re-route the lines, which won't be difficult because the kitchen ceiling is still down in one spot from when the bathroom pipes broke initially and flooded the main floor.
Well, I guess it's back to work!! I'll post pic's when I get them.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Good Luck! Have fun!

Karen said...

And since when have you got the time for this? I know you will finish, but it might take some extra effort! Thanks for coming up and spending time with us! Lapriel Clark said to say hi, she wanted to see you at the ranch, but didn't know if it was you or not!!!

Jen and AL said...

You are amazing! I know that it will be great when it is all done. We can't wait for our turn with the boys to pay you back for my kids. Thanks, we love you guys.