Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Monday, September 15, 2008

update on this crazy life....


So, Mckay's cast is off and all that needs to heal is the burn on his heel. His foot looks really good now, although it's still really tender from all the skin that needs to grow back. The surgeon that did his foot, Randy Hansen, just got canned from all things good and he may have even lost his license because of (allegedly) Drugs. They even changed to locks on the buildings so that he couldn't gain access to any more...pretty reassuring isn't it!!! I'm just glad that he wasn't using the night that he did his surgery...I think?? He was pretty slurred and very self-boastful. We had to remind him a couple of times that our son was in the other room waiting for him to put his foot back together!! Aaaahhhhh!!!! I can't handle any more sadness and insecurity!!!! It started around the 24th of July, then Lyndzee's unexpected passing, then three really expensive doctor and dentist bills, and not to mention that Jason got a really bad sinus infection and, what do you know, but me and my boys got a really bad cold/flu combination to boot!!! How can I fix them when I' m so broken??? Oh, yeah, I'm also in charge of the primary program this year and I just got unanimously voted in for financial secretary at work for the district unit!!! We are strapped for cash and everybody wants their money, so we pay as much as we can each month, and we hope that that is enough for now!!! My first and second paycheck is already spent. We still owe for Mckay's life-flight from two years ago!!! And we need to buy more hamburger so that I can continue this crazy, although helpful, diet for my kids!!! They can't live on chicken and tuna the rest of their lives!!! Live sucks right now, but I have a feeling that it'll soon be turning around. For some reason, we haven't failed yet. I know that as long as we do what we know is right, that we will be taken care of. "Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending." So from my seemingly crazy, broken life to yours....Rock On!!! (I love this picture of Maile.
It describes how I'm feeling right now to a T!)

10 comments:

Ashley said...

I can definitely sympathize. When the medical bills for Huggie's leg began rolling in I felt like I was drowning in dollar signs. Not to mention the constant phone calls arranging payment plans and trying to understand why the ambulance was not covered at all.... so make sure if you are going to take a ride in an ambulance you ask them first if they are a provider for your insurance. If not, wait for one that is... STUPID! When it rains it pours and makes you poor. Love you. We hope to be down next weekend-- will you guys be around?

Ashley said...

... Thanks for the update. Glad to see that McKay's foot is healing... that he still has a foot... that he is still alive. So many things to be grateful for. I hope that your colds pass and you begin to feel better.

Jen and AL said...

It seems as though everyone I talk to is in somewhat the same position, I don't know if that helps or hurts. Try to remember that this life is not about the money and that Heavenly Father loves you and only gives you as many trials as he knows you can handle. That doesn't seem like much of a comfort. You will make it through this and any other trials that come along. We hope to see you soon. Thanks for keeping us updated. Give the boys a big hug from Aunt Jenny!

Macie's Momma said...

glad Im not the only one that gripes about my bad times, only now life for me is going pretty well, so I will pray for you with a positive attitude so that you can feel the good vibes!! Sickness just puts you in a state of chaos or does a state of chaos put you sick? anyway my house is in layton about 3 miles away from mom, its nice to be close. I would love you to come visit anytime!! much love Stace or as you call me stose!

Karen said...

Dad has a beef being cut right now that he is going to share, so you won't have to buy hamburger. Anyway, things will get better, I know they will. Have a great time and try to see the funny parts of what you are going through. At least it's temporary, we were poor for a long time!

kino said...

HI IT SEEMS LIKE FOREVER SINCE I'VE BLOGGED, IM GLAD MCKAY IS GETTING BETTER, HOPEFULLY HE'S DONE GETTING HURT FOR AWHILE OR FOREVER, HOWS LIFE , I HEARD YOU TOOK YOUR HARLEYS TO PEACH DAYS, HOW DID YOU DO? YOU HAVE PROBABLE BLOOGED BUT I'M TO BUSY TO READ ALL I WILL WHEN I'M DONE CANNING AND JUST BEING MOM AND EVERYDAY HOUSEWIFE, LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL HUGS AND KISSES TO THE BOYS, TELL THEM HI AND I LOVE THEM, AND THERE MOM TO. SEE YOU SOON, WHEN ARE YOU COMING UP AGAIN.

Ally said...

I LOVE YOU GIG! I hope you know this! I miss you and hope to see you soon!

Mrs. Mysti Hedquist said...

Hey Gina, speaking from someone who has been down in the dumps with drama coming at all angles, that it will get a lot better. A little faith and support from the ones you love goes a long way. I'm here for you if you need anything.

Karen said...

Good luck this weekend, just know that no matter how much planning you do, something usually doesn't work, especially when you work with kids. I bet it will be great!!! Love ya!

Macie's Momma said...

geeg, I dont know what your email is so I hope you get this. I want to scrapbook the week or weekend of uea. will that work for you? I will plan it for when you come. I want you to stay over here, so plan on it!! xoxo