Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Jason and Sturgis...


So, I've been having a hard time posting Jason's trip to Sturgis...Mostly because I wasn't there, so I don't know all the stories, but I think a part of it is that there were 6 boys, un-chaperoned, at one of the most naked bike rallies in history...lets just say that my brother's pictures were just a tad bit more graphic than the one's I saw from Jason.... So I'll tell what I can, and I'll show what I can, and you'll have to use your imagination for the rest...This is where they slept the first night, because somebody's bike broke down(Doug).

This is main street in Sturgis.. If you don't have a bike, you walk through town...Cars wouldn't be very welcome right now. Then instantly, two of the boys just had to find a tattoo parlor and prove their manhood...or something???




This is where they stayed for the duration. It looks cozy, right.
Jason said that the trip to Mt. Rushmore was pretty cool. Don't you think that his face belongs up there with the rest. I think the feeling of history that you would feel while you were there would be very humbling and serene.







So, there were a ton of cool bikes,











a ton of cool sites,




and the rest is history.

6 comments:

Karen said...

The pictures are neat, I haven't seen any and Doug won't tell me anything about the ride. Who were the three tats??? I bet I don't want to know anyway. I think dad and Molly are coming this weekend. He doesn't want to wait until Saturday afternoon for me. I am going to send your gift, and miss you guys the whole time. I signed up for a class and didn't realize the first two are this weekend. I hope that your day is wonderful and I'm sure you will have fun. I'm glad your program went well and that it is over for another year!!! Love you! give the boys hugs and kisses from me, ok?

Jen and AL said...

I think that you should make plans now to go next year. You can show those girls you don't have to show off your body to be beautiful and ride a bike. Have a wonderful birthday.

Ashley said...

Cool bikes, cool pics. I think your mom is worried Doug might have got a tat- tehee.

Karen said...

I think we will scrapbook at Stacies. I can't go on Friday night because of my class. I hope you can come Wednesday night and spend some time before you head up there. You can always stay in our trailer.. Dad will share I think!!!

Kari Lyn said...

Happy Birthday!

Karen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GINAAAAAAAAAA... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. At least you don't have to suffer through my voice! Have a great day. Love you. Mom