Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

My little LuLu...

Nine years ago, around this time of year, a cute little family moved in across the street. They had 2 boys and 2 girls and were an ideal family to be friends with. But, of course, I couldn't make the first move to be friends with them. How could I let these new strangers into my private, twisted, crazy life??!! I was so grateful when she approached me. I was walking and crying, while pushing my one year old Kaden in his stroller, when she just happened to look up at the right time and ask if I was o.k.. I said "yes" of course and she continued with, "no you're not, come on, lets go talk about it." It was then that I met my best sister-friend Diana and her awesome family.
Within the next nine years we became quite reliant upon each other. We would share stories and adventures with our kids, all the while becoming closer and closer to each other. Our boys played with each other and, well, the girls played with my hair. I was in love instantly!
I had the awesome opportunity to be her kids "second mom" and am so grateful that I had Lyndzee for the time that I had her. We did crafts and built things when she would come over, and I even had the honor of teaching her how to sew and bought her her first machine. We always had something fun to do when she came. I am so glad that I didn't just stick the kids in front of the t.v. when they came to my house. Nothing was impossible when they were here. She would say, "lets build something?" and I would say, "o.k., what?" The sky was the limit for Lou."Gina could do it" quickly became Lyndzee's retaliation when ever her mom would say that she couldn't do something. It makes me grateful and honored that I got to be a part of her stewardship while she was on this earth.
Last Monday, she and her brother and sister were passengers on a Rhino that one of their friends were driving and it tipped over and landed on her head and killed her instantly. Nobody else was hurt at all. Now if that doesn't make you a strong believer in having a time to go, then I don't know what will.
At first I was shocked and then I was really mad and then I was selfish and wanted her back. I couldn't seem to believe that she was really gone, and I thought that at any moment she would sit up and wonder why everyone was so sad. It didn't happen, and now, after the funeral is all over and everybody has gone home, I am more grateful for her example, now so more than ever. Diana came and told me that Lyndzee relayed the message that everyone needs to work on their weaknesses and become stronger, so my first assignment was to say the opening prayer at her service!!! Are you kidding me!!! I said no!!!! And then with love in her eyes, she said, "go talk to Lyndzee!"I was humbled and scared to death to think that this was even possible. Then I said yes. (reluctantly, of course!) I think that I cried more for that reason than any other. The message that I got when I finally sat back down from the prayer was, "No more excuses!" We all have trials in our lives. Some worse than others, and we need to stop using these weaknesses as excuses to progress. We need to get over it, become stronger, and move on with our progression forward!
I am so grateful once again to be such a huge part of their lives, and I am also glad that Diana borrowed me a daughter to love as my own, if only for a short while! I love you Lulu! I'll see you later!
There has been a trust fund set up for Lyndzee Robbins at Zions bank if you want to help.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I am bawling. I had no idea about this tragic accident. At first, while reading, I thought that they were moving or something. Although I only met them a few times, I do know that you were extremely close to this family-- and she was glued to your hip. I think losing a child would be such a hardship. I am so sorry. When did this all happen? We've been out of town.

Macie's Momma said...

oh geeg, I dont even know what to say, I can not imagine how you feel, you and I are the same we are so close to children, I'm sure your heart is ripped out! I am soo sorry for your loss and also dianna and her families loss.. I have said a prayer for the both of you.. much love stace

Karen said...

I tried calling to see how you were doing. I hope things are getting a little better. I know it will never be gone. I still think of how hard it must be at their house. I'm glad you got to be a part of the funeral. That means they love you, you know! Have a great day! Love ya!

Allyson said...

That is SO awful! I am SO sorry. It's never easy, in any form. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Lulu was one of my best friends I can't believe it has been four years since the tradgic night and I hope you are doing good and I know Lulu is watching over all of us. I wish I would have found this page four years ago it's a very touching and heart breaking story that she won't be able to do that stuff with us anymore just know she is always with us:) that's what gets me through the times I miss her which is always