Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008


Polka-dot Mckay and the super, oopery- dooper good day...

So, after Mckay had such a bad report at school, it was really hard to convince him to at least try to have a good day the next day. While sitting in front of my computer that morning, Mckay came and sat on my lap and we started to discuss the kind of day he was about to have....well, at least hope to have.... and he told me that he didn't think that he could have a good day. Just then, the sun started to shine through the window on just the right angle, and made Mckay have polka-dots!
I decidid to use this to my advantage and took a picture of him. When I downloaded the picture to the computer, he just sat there and said woa! I told him that he was "Polka-dot Mckay" and that he was going to have a super, oopery- dooper good day.
We printed the picture and taped it to his back-pack for the day, and guess what, it worked!!! He stayed out of time-out all day long, and he got all smiley faces with starry eyes on his daily report card!!! What a success...for today at least??!! Yeah!!

5 comments:

Macie's Momma said...

you are seriously the cutest mom, i am so proud of you!

Karen said...

I wondered what the picture was about whn you e-mailed it to me, what a great story! I hope you have a super day too!

Allyson said...

YEAH! I'm scared to write locations on my blog because I'm paranoid. But come see me and I will tell you:) It's about time for a visit!

kino said...

hi gina, we went to layton to ride the carts, its called speed street, its behind sams club, come over and well go , it really is fun, miss ya , love ya

gina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.