Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter at Dad's ranch



So, we decided that because it was a semi-long weekend that we would go to Idaho and spend time with our family on My Mom and Dad's ranch. Shauntae and Jim invited us up about a month ago for Wyatt's 2nd birthday and we thought that would be an awesome party, so we packed our jeep and drove the 4 1/2 hours to Weston reservoir.
When we got there, we decided to go sledding down the hill... we would drive them to the top on the 4-wheeler, meet them at the bottom and drive them back up. What ever happened to good old fashioned climbing the hill, then sliding down? Anyway, that lasted about 4 trips down and then they started complaining about it being too cold, so we went back to the trailers and cranked the heater and built a fire in the pit. Way fun, right?!
The next day we woke bright and early and started planting an apple orchard, 35 in all I think, and one peach tree. It was fun to be a part of the future of this place.
After we got the trees planted, we started laying the sub-flooring in the loft and in the bedroom in the cabin. It was fun to work with my brothers and my Dad on this project. We also hung the drywall on the interior walls. It's going to be an awesome place to stay.
After lunch we had an easter egg hunt for the kids. There were eggs and candy everywhere!
The kids had a blast finding all that we hid. I think we had more of a blast hiding it all.
The next day we started peeling the logs that will someday in the near future be our cabins. It was awesome to work together to get the job done. Kaden even helped until he cut his hand on the blade, and then it was over for him. What an over-protecting mother he has, poor kid!
After all the hard work , we left for the most important part of the whole weekend, Dalan's baptism. It was such an awesome experience to be a part of this little spirit's quest for righteousness. It's good to think that we are on the right path back home when we hit these little milestones in our lives. I cried like a baby when Kaden got baptized. It made me feel like I was finally doing something right. Now if we can just survive Mckay then we should really get some good marks in Heaven.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Great blog Gigi! I loved your comments, it is fun up there isn't it? I think it will be the opposite though, with McKay survive us???? Love you!

Jen and AL said...

We were so glad that you were able to come up. Thanks for keeping an eye on my kids Fri. morning. It was great to see you.

Ashley said...

This is my shout out to Jason... Happy Birthday! I went through the entire day thinking it was Wednesday. Huggie got home from work and I said, did you call your bro for his birthday? He said, I talked to him yesterday ON his birthday... I ran to the calendar and sure enough I was a day behind. What is he this year? Like 27?