Life is what you make of it. You can sit around and wait for tomorrow, or you can start living in today.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Future Picasso

So I went to pick up my 5 year old from kindergarten today and I stop to look at the cute art that is hanging on the wall outside their classroom. I see all these cute renditions of "The Pigeon" that wants to drive the bus, and I must say that I was very impressed by how talented these 5 and 6 year olds were.So as a proud parent, I start to look for my son's masterpiece and I come across his drawing...Now somebody please tell me when, as a parent I need to show concern. It made me wonder if this is what picasso's mom thought the first time he brought home one of his paintings. I wonder if she feels the same way that I know a lot of parents would feel, or if she just smiled and embraced the fact that maybe, just maybe his gift of non-conformity would make him great some day. I wonder if this is how Albert Einstein's mom, or Ludwig Van Beethoven's mom felt when the teachers told them that their little boys were not like the other kids in their class. I hope that all parents, especially those of kids that just don't quite fit in with their peers, rejoice their kids differences and look to the future. If everyone thought the same way, then there would never be any new anything. No new improvements, no way of looking at things differently, no innovations.
Praise the different kids, for they are our future.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

What?! No need to worry. Huggie and I love the drawing. Seeing it incorporated with the others makes it all that much better.

Karen said...

Hey! What an abstract impressionist painter you have! He must take after someone else in the family. I love your blog, it's great. Sondra wants to send you some, too, so link to her where she wrote to me and you can blog her too. Have a great daY!

Wild Rasmussen said...

hey my e-mail is tc3hras@hotmail.com

Allyson said...

YEAH!! I was waiting to post a comment when you finally came up with a BLOG! YES! I love you my cousin. I love your comments and this is such a great way to stay in contact!!!

Allyson said...

Now I actually read your post! That was hysterical! I loved it! You are the best mom ever...and that picture...well, it will go for millions just give it a few hundred years:)

Karen said...

Hey, thanks for cheering me up today. I needed it! Post some more good stuff on here, I enjoy reading it. I love you and your family! Have a great day!

Sondra said...

Gina I am glad i finally got to see your page. Life does get so crazy I running two kids everywhere and draging a two year old with me. So I know what it is like. Thanks for checking out my page
later

Karen said...

Didn't you read the blog that wnt with the photo of the soap??? It explains everything!

Macie's Momma said...

oh gig I love it your the best!